Saturday, March 2, 2013

A good start for March

I don't know about you, but i feel that if i make a good start on my projects on the first day of the month...then the rest of the month will go well also. So, since yesterday was the first, i got busy and this is what i accomplished yesterday.

1.  Birds in the Field...got 4 blocks pieced and sashings cut. this is a small wallhanging....about 40" or less. there are 7 hand embroidered birds. i am putting them on point and adding blocks between them. 

2.  Got the borders on the Jesus quilt. it is now ready for quilting. this is for a lady in the neighborhood.


3.  Back to Square One mystery quilt from Judy at www.patchworktimes.com   we got clue 3...and i got it done. this is the middle of the quilt. we get a clue every month.


4.  I made eight 10" strip blocks from my vat of strips. i plan on doing 100 of them this month. i figure 3 a day will get me there.

5.  I am still washing my truckload of fabrics. i washed, folded and put away 21 more yards.

6.  I finished piecing Nursery Rhymes I top.....one more top to go to use up all those blocks.


7.  And, i made 2 blog entries. 

I think i did pretty good for my first day of the month. i feel good that i am on the right path to accomplish a lot this month.

So far, for the year, i have pieced 18 tops from projects i had 'in progress'..... and have 4 in the works that i am simultaneously working on now.

Today i did pretty well, too. 

1.  I made more Bird in the Field blocks..... am going to work on those some  more tonight and might even get the blocks all done.

2.  I made 3 more 10" strip blocks

3.  washed, folded and put away 26 more yards of fabric.

I only worked in the studio a few hours today. i had to go to town to do the monthly chores...bank, post office, grocery store, dollar store, thrift stores. well, the thrift store was for fun. speaking of thrift stores....i got skunked at the thrift store today. i always look at their jigsaw puzzles....a weakness of mine. i got 4 of them....at 25 cents each. one felt particularly heavy. when i got it home...i opened it...and to my surprise it wasn't even a jigsaw puzzle. it was filled with old greeting cards that someone had saved. darn!!   that was a puzzle picture that i really liked, too. well, i only paid a quarter...so no big loss. and i will send them to my cousin, Barb. she recycles cards and such and sends out homemade Christmas cards. i always look forward to her cards. so, Barb, if you are reading this....you'll be getting a package soon. LOL

Then i had to come home and take a nap for an hour. so now i'll go get started on finishing up those blocks and see what else i can get into. dinner is in the steamer....chicken, carrots and sweet potatoes. i really like my steamer. 

I might just finish another project tonight and have a picture to show you...

tomorrow


No comments:

Search This Blog