Sunday, November 25, 2018

Butterflies and Flowers

Another bunch of blocks became a top. I recently finished these machine embroidered and applique butterflies. the CD also had flowers, so I decided the butterflies needed some flowers, too.


I did several different butterflies and made 2 or 3 of each.


The backgrounds are made from selvages. i've been trying to come up with new ways to use selvages so this is my newest selvage thing.


The pink sashing and border is from the remnants of a wide backing that I had left over.



I made 22 blocks for some reason....guess I lost count of what I was doing. So, a butterfly and a flower made their way into the border.


I found a crazy butterfly print and it will be the back.

\

It's not too large...maybe 50 x 60".  It has found its way into the to-be-quilted cabinet. There is not much room left in there....maybe enough for 1 or 2 more tops....got to quilt faster.


No comments:

Search This Blog