Monday, April 1, 2019

UFO Challenge...March

I seem to MAKE more UFOs than finish them. My to-be-quilted cabinet is now full and overflowing all over the studio. UFO busting doesn't seem to be working for me.

This month I played with new accu quilt dies that I got and made lots of goodies...

I cut about 75 hearts from some crumb blocks that I had.


I cut lots of cats....and have pieced a top with them. I have a few more embroidery things to add to the top yet.



I cut out a set of dogs for me and a set for my sister. she is going to make a doggie blanket with hers. i haven't decided on mine, yet.


I cut hearts from Christmas fabrics and put this together. Since this pic, I have added another Santa border to it.


I cut bears from crazy quilt type fabrics....a set for me and my sis.



The embroidery machine(s) have been working, too.

I am working on a numbers book and have about half of the pages finished.

And I am making some ducks for my sister. They are all cute as can be.


They are applique and machine embroidered.


She is making a doggie blanket with the ducks, too. this duck looks like he has some disease with the raised dots of the fabric. haha


Now, why would a duck need an umbrella?


I pieced a few tops, too. This is blue and tan scrappiness


This is hot and cold


And this is Pumpkin Farm


I am making an alphabet book and still need things for 8 pages....the hard ones.....E V X U Z Y Q and I.   I have looked through my fabrics twice and found all I could use. I even embroidered some things that I couldn't find in fabric. I am currently on the hunt for a vulture, a yam, a quill, and an x-ray.  and anything else that will fit the letters I am still missing.

I did manage to get 4 letters finished that go together and sewed those pages today. L M N O


When there was a small space left, I filled it with pieces of colorful fabrics....like the mouse print on the top of this M block.



O was a challenge. I embroidered the Santa Ornament at the top. and the number One was a leftover from making the foam numbers. The little covered wagon on the bottom is depicting Oregon. I found fabric with little stamps from all the states.


I learned with the nursery book to make 2 sided pages. this one got sewed together today. I didn't put any batting inside the pages this time. 





A couple of things got quilted....but I didn't manage to quilt the one I was supposed to for March. It is on the frame....and has been for about 10 days....I just haven't quilted it.

I did quilt Anita's baskets. the flowers in the baskets were added with the embroidery machine.


Jasper's train got quilted.


And I finished piecing and quilted the Dollhouse quilt....but I can't seem to find pics of it. They are here somewhere....i think.....i hope. haha

And that is my month of March. I always say the new month will be more productive. We'll see.

Stay tuned.  You can check my blog and see my progress.



No comments:

Search This Blog