Sunday, June 30, 2019

There Goes the Neighborhood

This is another top that got finished up today. I got the idea back in January while playing around with some graph paper. I've been working on selvage houses since then.

I threw in a few trees for good measure.....and a few cats that I had, too.



The roofs and doors match. and i tried to use the same selvages on either side of the houses.



This is what it became.


As I went along, i didn't have any selvages to match for the houses....so some houses became 'not as desirable'.  The houses on the south side of town (bottom of the quilt)....aren't kept up as well as their northern neighbors.





The people here have no pride of ownership. haha


In fact, there is an empty lot...and someone pulled in a trailer there.... and a scruffy dog found a trash can to get into. I had to scour the internet for embroidery designs for the empty lot. haha


Behind the trailer there is an old rusted pickup in the weeds.


It is about 52x57....big enough to lounge on the couch. 

Wonder where my next idea will come from. 










No comments:

Search This Blog