Wednesday, July 31, 2024

July Challenge results

 July was a crazy month. Hubby wound up in the hospital for 2 days and a week of me playing nurse. Not as much studio time. Plus, it's hot. 

But, I did get some stuff done. The challenges got worked on...

1.  Make scrappy colored blocks.... done .... and sold on eBay


2.  Embroidery ABCs for nephew's baby ....  blocks done but not sewn together yet. The crazy quilt block with the cat is a corner.





3.  Piece the green, blue, yellow top ..  done ... sold on eBay


I started some novelty abc blocks. I still need something for the J and O.


I entered the Quilted Twins First Challenge quilt. I have mailed it in and waiting to see if I won anything. Here is a teaser since I can't show the quilt yet.


Am quilting on my cousin Bob's quilt. It's slow going.

Made some Winnie the Pooh game pieces for my cousin's grandkids.

Finished the July Sweet Pea house.


Worked on Scott's Stars and Bars quilt a long....got the next 3 steps done.

Working on a Potato Chip Block challenge on MQR. Most people are probably doing 1 quilt. I, of course, being an over achiever, am making 6. haha   I like that block. Someone gave a link to 33 different designs with this block. I am making several.

1.  Basic light and dark.  pieces all cut and some assembly


2.  Spiral .. dogs and bones. all pieces cut and some assembly



3.  Red and white hearts...all pieces cut.  i block assembled.  



4.  Linked Boxes in blue and white.  all pieces cut


5.  Gridlock .. tiny bits...the pieces left at the end of the potato chip bag. Working on making pieces.


6.  Basic ...  applique hearts in various colors.  Some pieces cut and assembled.


And, I am assembling Harry Potter lego kits. So far, I have done 4 Privet Drive and Hagrid's Hut. Currently working on Gryffindor House Banner.  And 4 more kits to do. I love Lego and Harry Potter.

And, finally, am designing a Lego quilt. That is going to take some time. I got an embroidery digitizer to make the Lego logo for me in 1", so I will be embroidering a few hundred of those. haha

If I'm still alive next month, I'll report in again.









No comments:

Search This Blog