Sunday, September 15, 2019

Crazy Quilt Halloween Pumpkins

These are done on the embroidery machine. This is what the original looks like.


I used all Halloween fabrics and skipped the embroidery designs except for the stitches on the seams.


I used a bright neon orange for the outside stitching on all of them.


I trimmed the blocks to 8".



There are 2 small spaces on the bottom of the pumpkin and I finally decided to use it as one space...like in this block below. but i still stitched the design over the seam.


For the seam stitches I used various colors....orange, gray, purple, green.


Once I start putting them together....this will be the sashing...



And this will be the border....hopefully.  there are a lot of cut pieces and i hope there is enough. I will be piecing the border together.


These are all scraps that I bought recently. I finally have it all sorted out, so you will be seeing lots of funky tops.

I plan on a...
.. Christmas crazy quilt with Christmas fabrics in a tree shape.
..Fall crazy quilt with leaves fabrics in a leaf shape
..Easter crazy quilt with Easter/spring fabrics in an egg shape
..Fourth of July crazy quilt something....hopefully in a flag shape.
..St Patricks Day crazy quilt something....hopefully in a 4 leaf clover shape.

and, who knows what else. i have sports fabrics....baseball; football; hockey; golf; fishing....and about a thousand others. haha






No comments:

Search This Blog