Tuesday, June 16, 2020

White Madness

Another madness top for this month. In my white selvage box are mainly strips with lots of color. That doesn't seem to make sense....but it does.  When I cut the selvages, if there is a busy print and there is not a predominant color, and the background is white....then it goes in the white box. This happens for a lot of novelty prints.

That is how this became White Madness....


I don't know if you can tell from my pic, but from the top right corner down to the bottom left corner is a diagonal line of white crumb blocks. After it was all finished, I thought I should have put something around those blocks, like a thin black strip or something....oh, well, when you see the pic, you always get another idea.

Here are the diagonal blocks....




The blocks on the left of the diagonal are placed horizontally...


The blocks on the right of the diagonal are placed vertically....


I can still make quite a few blocks from selvages like these....but not enough for another quilt I don't think.

But, I am working on another top that is mainly white....like Yesterday's Toy Shop.

That box was stuffed with white selvages. It seems so strange to see the boxes becoming empty. haha

No comments:

Search This Blog