Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Is it HOT in here.... or is it just me?

 This one is now completely finished....binding and all.


There is something just amazing to me about just laying pieces down and sewing them down on the longarm....no piecing on a machine. AND....meander quilt it as you sew down pieces. All at the same time.



Then, go back and couch some yarn over the seams.


I used red, orange and yellow yarn.  Just traveled across the quilt, covering seams without rolling back and forth too much. 


Sometimes i backtracked to get where i wanted to go....there are some seams with 3 pieces of yarn. Sometimes it's hard to get to where you want to go without backtracking.


The back is an orchid and white check sheet from the thrift store. This one was for me, so i didn't worry about thread color. I used up bobbins with several whites and tans and a yellow, green and brown. haha  It is now over the couch in the tv room. it is kind of heavy so should be nice and warm for naps.



I'm going to do this again one day.....but i have ideas to make it a bit different. 

Fun, fun.









1 comment:

Vicki W said...

That one is a nice break from the gray of winter!

Search This Blog