Saturday, February 2, 2019

January's Business

Time to report in on January's accomplishments. It never turns out as we expect, does it?

I only got 3 things quilted....

Judy's Scrappy Challenge....from some years ago.


Pocket Surprise...made from men's shirts. there are toys in some pockets.


Seashells by the Seashore....quilted with a seashell panto.


Piecing always leads the pack in accomplishments.

Beach Walk... this is currently sitting on the longarm ... i started quilting it about a week ago and then have been playing on the embroidery machine since then. I would get lots of things quilted if i didn't have an embroidery machine. hah


From made fabric....inspiration from a book by Virginia Wolfe.


I Spy Hexies Squared.....i have made about a dozen of these so far.. I want them all to have the same border on all sides, so this is going to take a while to get them finished.


Prairie Point Christmas Tree.....my friend, Brenda, made this and I had to be a copycat. haha  The prairie points are 3D and only sewn on the top, in the seam.


Shirt Tags....thrift store shirts cut up into various pieces......this quilt got the tags.


Pocket Surprise ..... all quilted up


Yellow and Black Selvage HSTs.....pattern found on Pinterest...


The embroidery machine was at work almost every day in January. I was making play food for my cousin's grand babies. They should get the package on Monday. The box was full of all kinds of goodies.... I love that the designer made little pouches for lots of it....popcorn, peanuts, mac and cheese, peas and carrots, potato chips, potatoes


From milk....


To fries....


And I made some shoes for a doll for my sister to give to a friend's little girl.



And, currently, I am working on a train quilt ....8 blocks finished and 4 to go...plus track, trees and sign


That's it for January.

Got to get hoppin' for February....it's a short month. haha



No comments:

Search This Blog