Sunday, February 10, 2019

Times and Seasons

Another applique project started. I know....I know....couldn't help myself.

I have many of the Piecemakers calendars and haven't done any of them yet. I believe it is time to at least start one. This one is from 2004.



This is January's block. The blocks are 10x14" finished. It is quite an unusual setting for the blocks, so I hope that keeps me interested to get this one finished.


Here is my version. I worked on it 3 nights. and, yes, i skipped the roses on purpose.


I sincerely wish pattern makers would make applique patterns backwards so they would come out the same direction as the pattern.


I found some tiny red ribbon in my stash of goodies to make the birds.


My tree is applique rather than embroidery. And some things...like the lines on the igloo....were done on the sewing machine. The snowman's hat has blue fuzzy trim because I didn't have any white fuzzy trim. This is the year of 'use it up'. haha


The snow and igloo are of felt, but it is too hard to stitch through felt...and the background fabric....and whatever piece you are sewing down, so the remaining blocks will just be fabric rather than felt.

This was a fun block....and I have the pattern for February all ready to be traced.






No comments:

Search This Blog