Wednesday, January 31, 2024

January Challenges all met...and then some.

 I am happy to report that all my January Challenges were finished. A good start to the new year.

Let's see what was on the list.....

Make blocks from the HUGE pile of black scraps....done.



Embroider Mylar Boots.....done.



Since the boots have Mylar in them, they are all shiny. I made hats and horse and riders for the corners. Pink background fabric and a dark green print for sashing. Might have enough of that green for a border.

Do something with the huge pile of 2.5" zebras....done and done.



All different configurations of borders. I made about 120 of these and then quit.

 But, there are still over hundred zebra squares left…so, I made these with scraps I got from the quilt famous Scott Murkin.

 

And, when I ran out of zebras, I used the rest of Scott’s fabric to make these.

 

Other accomplishments for January include…

 

A Facebook BOM…Bona Lisa

This is the first block

 

And, she got a hat and scarf

And she has sweaters…

 


 

The first of the month I will get the next installment.

 

Also found on Facebook,  SAHRR….Stay At Home Round Robin.

You use any block you like for the center. Each Monday you get a block from a different designer to use for your next round. So far, we have 2 rounds.

 


 Sweet Pea BOM…Houses

This is a large block, made in 2 parts and sewn together. The first Thursday of each month you next the next block. So far, just the first one.

 

I made my February snowman Wall Hanging and got it quilted.

 

Molly Mine released new embroidery quilt designs. This is Part 1..blocks 1-4. The idea is to make 4 of the same blocks and put them together as 1. Not sure I will do that or leave them all single.

 




My cousin gave me a set of Lorelei fabrics. They are all sewing related and have some Sassy Ladies. This is what I came up with to use them. It is about 64 x 72”. I still have pieces left from most of the fabrics.

 




And I am working on my Boxes quilt top here and there.

Here is the inspiration…

 

This is what I drew up…

 

I have almost half of the boxes put together so far.

 


I think that is all of my January. I didn't realize I had done so much. haha


The challenges for February are…

 

1.        Turn this box of green scraps into blocks.

 

2.       Piece the Judy Martin Celebration quilt. I have had the pieces cut out for some time, just waiting for me. When I looked at them yesterday, I discovered that I had cut the white and black pieces correctly, but the scrappy pieces are cut the wrong size. So, there will be some finangeling going on with this one.

 

3.       Embroider Baltimore Album blocks. There are 20 embroidered and 20 redwork. I decided to do them all. Should be fun.

 


Of course, I will continue with…

 ..Bona Lisa

..SAHRR

..BOM Houses

 

That should keep me busy for a while.




No comments:

Search This Blog