Monday, February 5, 2024

Pumpkin Village

 The Village is all sewed up and ready for its new home...my sister's...naturally. She buys most of my quilts. I believe she might be running out of wall space. haha

It was a BOM from somewhere. I need to write those things down. 58" square.  I used felt for the applique....just because I have a ton of it. Lots of hand sewing and LOTS and LOTS of buttons and beads. So, the quilting went a little wonky around some things. haha


Those top 4 corner blocks had pieced leaf blocks, but I didn't want to do that, so I did my own thing....embroidery, naturally.


I love the quilt show. I've never made 2" quilts...until now. haha




There are some 3D things....like the purple broom end.



Can you see the sewing machine and scissors in the window? Sunflowers are 3D.




I love how they made the doors as books.


I used my embroidery machine to make the signs, rather than embroider them by hand.


Back is a green....a darker olive than this pic.  Between the camera and me, it's a wonder I get any pictures that are recognizable.


Top thread was So Fine Bone and bobbin was So Fine olive. Normally, I don't use So Fine for both top and bottom.

Gotta go load the next quilt....it's a surprise, so you won't see it until the recipient gets it.

No comments:

Search This Blog