Wednesday, February 28, 2024

February Challenge report

 Well, February has about come to an end. I wasn't sure I would make it, but all my challenges for the month got finished.

Embroidery challenge .. Baltimore Album.

There are 40 blocks, half are redwork. Blocks are 8.5"




Piecing challenge .. Judy Martin's Celebration
I cut the colored squares at 2.5 instead of 4.5, so I just made them 4 patches and moved on, instead of cutting them all over again. 


Scrap challenge .. Turned a box of green scraps into about 75 blocks .. 8.5" block



Also got a few other things done.

Got the boxes top pieced together. It is ready to quilt.


Used leftover pieces from cutting triangles with the AccuQuilt and made this.



Got my March snowman wall hanging for the studio embroidered and quilted.



Am currently quilting my cousin's wall hanging of Lorelei Ladies.  30" square.



Challenges for March are ..

Embroidery .. Mushrooms and floweres
Piecing .. Black, white and red blocks
Scraps .. Turn a HUGE bin of white scraps into 8.5" blocks. I could make 100s.  Some of this might just get thrown out if I get tired of making them. 

March might get tricky. I want to start planting and getting my hands in the dirt, so I might need more hours in my days. haha




















No comments:

Search This Blog