Thursday, February 29, 2024

Stay At Home Round Robin (SAHRR)

 I joined a few folks on Facebook in the SAHRR challenge. You could use anything you chose for the center. Then, every week another person gave you a block or a prompt to use for the next round.

I started with a St. Louis Cardinals baseball star block in the center, as it was a leftover from my cousin's quilt.


I put a small red border .. then the first round was a signature block. I continued the St Louis Cardinals theme in that round.


 The second round was 2 colors, so I used blue for the sides and white for the corners. Then I put a small white border. 

The third round was triangles.  So, I cut many, many triangles with my AccuQuilt machine of various reds, whites and blues. Then a small red border came next.

The fourth round was square in a square. So, the Cardinals fabric came out again for the center and then various other r/w/b fabrics for the corners. Then I added a small blue border.

The fifth round was the prompt "4".  I chose to make a 4" border. Then added a small red border.

The sixth and final round was a prompt of "letters or numbers". That was a puzzler for a bit, until I found the fabric that said Old Glory and Freedom. That worked.


I call the finished top Americana: Baseball and 4th of July

It is 68 x 75".  It was rather fun to do.









No comments:

Search This Blog