Sunday, July 22, 2018

Birds of a Feather

This is the cutest little baby quilt. I saw it in a magazine and had to make it.


Here is my top.  They had cut individual blocks but I saw no sense in that....just to sew them together again, so i just cut rows. That way I could play with spacing and placement a bit.


I used flannel for the background


And I turned a couple birds the other direction in the row. 


I had plenty of bright colored fabrics in the stash to use.


This little guy is trying out his wings. haha  why walk when you can fly.


It was lots of fun cutting and matching wings to birds.


Not as much fun was cutting out all those little feet and beaks.


Not sure what I will do for eyes. buttons would not be safe for babies. i'll worry about that later. it still needs to be quilted.





No comments:

Search This Blog