Sunday, July 22, 2018

More cut out kits

More things I cut out in July....

Ducks...

I had a dozen duck blocks.....given to me by someone.....


So, I trimmed them down and cut out 2" strips of colors that matched....browns, greens, reds, grays, blues.  i will put a couple rounds of strips around each block and then see what it needs from there.

Nine Patches Squared....

I finished cutting this out a couple days ago. I saw a picture in a magazine...It was called Emma Grace by Kathy Brown of The Teachers Pet.  It was in Quiltmaker Sept/Oct 2011 magazine.



I made one block to figure out sizes.


Then cut out pinks and browns


Someday I will need a baby quilt and it will be waiting for me to piece.


The other thing I cut out this month was Band Together... It was in this magazine


Here is the pattern. 


I didn't have enough dark navy blue for the solid, so I used the fabric in the middle of these strips. And made the bands from blues, browns, tans and peach to match. they are just waiting to be pieced together...all bands are finished.



All this cutting gets done while the embroidery machine is working. it is easier to just sit there and babysit the machine since I have to change threads every few minutes....so, while it is working, i am cutting out stuff.

Wonder who will finish all these projects in boxes when I die?  hahahaha


No comments:

Search This Blog