Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Don't Bug Me

I found the cutest kid quilt in a book called Quilts for Wilderness Kids of all ages by Debbie Field.  This is her pattern. She used applique bugs.


But I had a bug embroidery CD and used that instead. Here is my top. It is 44x65".  I know, I haven't ironed it yet.


I think the cute title is what got me. I got it all pieced together while the embroidery machine was making the bugs. a pretty quick pattern.  The praying mantis and the lady bug got on the title piece.


I love the sleeping bug....it's just perfect for that title.


The bugs I chose were....beetle.  i like how colorful he is.


Firefly and lightning bug. Are those not the same bug...just different name?


Earthworm and inchworm


Gotta have a butterfly


And, a spider


And a wasp.  not a bug a child would try to catch, but it was cute anyway.


I was thinking i might applique a few of her bugs on there randomly, too....in black.  just a thought.


No comments:

Search This Blog