Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Judy's July UFO Challenge....#11

July was a fast month for me. I'm not sure where it went. I did a little quilting, some piecing, a bunch of embroidery...and a lot of yard work.

My quilting UFO was Shop Hop Fantasy.  it was a fun one.


I also quilted the wool applique flower baskets. This were hand stitched over several months when I visited my sister.


I could have had one more quilted, but i procrastinated. i only lack one little space to quilt..about a square foot....maybe tomorrow....haha.

I did more piecing than anything this month....as usual.

This is called Birds of a Feather. I found it in a magazine and it was a good one to use up those bright pieces of fabrics.


I call this one crazy flowers. I had a floral fabric that was bright and cheerful that I wasn't sure how to use, so this is what happened to it.


This is black and white 4 patches with yellow flowers fused in the middle of the 4 patches. just something to use up some b/w fabrics. the flowers were cut with the Accucut machine.


This alphabet top was made from felt finger puppets that my sister gave me. she also gave me the purple fabrics that i used as the backgrounds. she was de-stashing. haha


I found this in a book by Debbie Fields called Wilderness Quilts for kids.  She had larger applique bugs, but i embroidered mine.


My embroidery UFO was Rodeo....and I got the blocks finished this month. it will be for my son when it gets put together and quilted.


My other embroidery project for the month was Laurel Burch Dogs. i really like her stuff. Here are a few of them. I named this one after our dog.


Indigo and Charlotte. I used two different browns for the backgrounds, so your eyes are not playing tricks on you.


Papillon and Poppy.  these must be show dogs...they are fancy.


Vanessa and Kona


Now I am ready to see what August has in store for me.

1 comment:

dq said...

You really did a lot in July. If you did mostly yard work then you must have done a lot of it.

I love the birds and wool applique'. I would love a closer look at Shop Hop Fantasy. I love it!

Search This Blog