Monday, April 27, 2020

Catching Up

I'm trying to catch up on my daily progress reports. haha

April 24....Made 20  6.5" Hara scrap blocks


April 25...Made 10 more Hara scrap blocks


And....6 log cabin blocks ... just using up strips of scraps....half on each side.



April 26 ... 7 picture frame blocks...using the same fabric for each round....using scraps.


And...14 HST blocks   using greens I found in a box. I made several different versions. The blocks were already made and they were 3.5", so they turned out perfectly at 6.5"...just what I wanted with no border needed.


And,  I started working on this Irish Chain.  Here is my pattern.


I have 3 blocks made so far....I need 45 of them. I have a shoe box full of 2" pieces cut out that I cut over the last couple weeks while the embroidery machine was working.


And, the last week or so I had another squirrel moment....I found this piece of fabric in my stash....

I don't have much of it....but those blocks are just a tad over 1 inch.


So, I cut strips 2" wide of colors to match and put 2 rounds, and trimmed the blocks to 7.5" That first round is the killer...the seam is about 1/8". haha  I mixed up light, medium and dark fabrics, using what I had. So far, I have 12 orange...


9 pink....


11 purple


Now, I am back on track with my green challenge blocks....and am hoping to finish the month with greens....if no more squirrels jump out at me. hahaha



No comments:

Search This Blog