Saturday, April 18, 2020

Elementary Jelly Roll

I was doing pretty good on my Green challenge stuff for the month.....then....a squirrel....Sunday I was looking at Mary Johnson't blog and she was making a quilt that looked pretty easy....so, I had to stop what I was doing and make it.

She made it with a Jelly Roll, and I just happened to have one in the studio.

So...ta da!!   

Elementary Jelly Roll...it's about 48x56"


Mary's had all the same background fabric but I just paired up the Jelly Roll strips with dark and light.


I tried for the same fabrics in each block, but different colorways...and that worked for the most part.


I made 1 too many blocks so I was going to piece it into the back. I also had a handful of leftover pieces. So, I sewed the leftovers into one long strip and pieced it around and around the leftover block. I went around 3 times. So, now I have a larger block to piece into the back of the quilt.


The only piece left over from the Jelly Roll was a piece 2.5 x 4".  It went into the scrap pile. I used almost every inch of fabric.


1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

I love the colors in your version!

Search This Blog