Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas and Welcome!

Merry Christmas...Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Welcome to my blog. I've been meaning to do this for a while and figured no better time than the present. Here you will read my thoughts...good or bad....on life, crafts or whatever. whatever is on my mind for the day...or hour. as i figure this blogging business out i will be able to add photos and such. i hope you add comments if you so desire. and i will add a list of my favorite bloggers who i faithfully follow...is that stalking? LOL 

Also my sister has a blog that i hope you visit.   http://www.cindeee52.blogspot.com/     She is journaling her (and my) attempts to modernize a huge old house she bought and still keep it in the Victorian era. I go up and help her when i get a chance...so far we have tore out miles of carpet and pad; tore down acres of wallpaper; ripped up tons of paneling and tile. for my help i get food....i work cheap. LOL    we try to go to different places to eat that we haven't been to yet. and i have gotten cabinets and shelves that she has ripped out and was going to throw away. we actually filled a huge dumpster with our destruction work. the roofer brought it in and said we could put whatever we wanted in there.....LOL .... it was overloaded when it left.

Everyone usually does new resolutions for the coming year....this blog is one of mine. I hope to update it daily but we will see how that goes. perhaps every few days is a better resolution. haha   I also for the upteenth time are trying to get healthier and lose some weight....i keep losing it but it keeps finding me again. perhaps i need to move as soon as i lose it and it won't find me...think so? 

i belong to the best quilting website on the planet....Machine Quilters Resource.  Known as MQR....come over and visit and perhaps think of joining us.   http://www.mqresource.com/   It is owned by Suzanne Earley, longarm quilter and she has a staff of friendly, helpful people who make it all the more enjoyable. There are many members....i think like about 1200. There are a core of about 50 members that you will see over and over. I guess we are the yakkers...haha. 

We have a 50/50 club...lose 50 pounds in 50 weeks. I joined up again this year....last year was a bust for me. siggghhhh!!!    but if nothing else...i am determined.   and we share photos of our work and encouragement and jokes and lots of other things. come check us out. you won't believe all the info out there...whether you quilt on a longarm, midarm or your domestic machines. there are tons of pictures. and if you are a member (very reasonable yearly fee)....you get discounts for online classes and such. it is such a wonderful place to visit.....i should know....i am there several times a day.  this might be why i don't get my quilting done very fast....breaks are good...yes?

Ah...Christmas...was your Santa good to you this year....or should I say were YOU good so Santa could visit. LOL   my Santa gave me toe socks....i really like these. i got 5 pair....different colors with snowmen, penguins and a reindeer.  too cute and warm for my tootsies.  i only said about 40 times that i needed new socks so the 'hints' worked out well this year.

i also received an ipod shuffle with docking station. i find that i actually like it....now i have people singing to me in my head. so far i have Christmas tunes and some country tunes. will have to go and download more music so i have a larger selection. when i opened the box i had to say "what is it?"  Jim just laughed at me. it is so incredibly tiny...like 1/2" by 1 1/2" and about 1/4" fat. but it has a little clip so i can clip it on my sleeve, insert the little ear buds and go singing through the house. probably will drive the dogs nuts. hahahaha

ok, enough babbling for now. come back and visit anytime and say hello. glad you stopped by.

5 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

Merry Christmas Shirley! And welcome to blogland!

vivian said...

Merry Christmas! Good luck with your blog!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas. Love your blog.

Yvonne said...

Merry Christmas! Welcome to blogland....you're off to a great start. :)

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Congrats and welcome to the blog world!

Search This Blog