The leather I used came from a jacket I found at a thrift store. I used the 'fuzzy' side of the leather instead of the smooth side. I had to sew a couple pieces together to get square corners but it wasn't a problem.
The pattern I used came from a magazine called Fur, Fin and Feathers by Georgia Feazle Vol III , 1978. This is the pattern
And this is the colored picture they had in the magazine.
It was pretty easy to do...i got it quilted in a couple days...and painted. It is 14.5" x 20.5"
Here are a few close ups.
I woke up this morning wondering if I could cut leather with the AccuCut machine...the answer is yes...haha...the butterfly is from a red leather jacket I found at a thrift store. I cut out a few more butterflies, so you will be seeing them in something else, too.
The back is a piece from the stash, as well as the binding.
The threads are:
For the rooster: outline .. Glide chocolate
Fill... Glide Jade, Gold and Dark Red; Bottom Line, Copper
Butterfly .. Glide Bark
Bobbin .. Bottom Line medium brown
This was fun...just like painting by numbers. you all should try some leather...at least once.