Saturday, October 29, 2016

Leather Rooster #itsbetterinleather

The leather I used came from a jacket I found at a thrift store. I used the 'fuzzy' side of the leather instead of the smooth side. I had to sew a couple pieces together to get square corners but it wasn't a problem.

The pattern I used came from a magazine called Fur, Fin and Feathers by Georgia Feazle Vol III , 1978.  This is the pattern

pattern.jpg

And this is the colored picture they had in the magazine.

colored pic.jpg

It was pretty easy to do...i got it quilted in a couple days...and painted. It is 14.5" x 20.5"

front.jpg

Here are a few close ups.

close 1.jpg

close 2.jpg

close 3.jpg

I woke up this morning wondering if I could cut leather with the AccuCut machine...the answer is yes...haha...the butterfly is from a red leather jacket I found at a thrift store.  I cut out a few more butterflies, so you will be seeing them in something else, too. 

butterfly.jpg

The back is a piece from the stash, as well as the binding. 

Back.jpg

back close.jpg

The threads are:  
   For the rooster:  outline .. Glide chocolate
                              Fill... Glide Jade, Gold and Dark Red; Bottom Line, Copper
                              Butterfly .. Glide Bark
    Bobbin .. Bottom Line medium brown

thread.jpg

This was fun...just like painting by numbers. you all should try some leather...at least once.  

No comments:

Search This Blog