Here is my last piecing project for January 2016. I started 10 new piecing projects in January....but some of them are finished. that means already 10 new UFOs for the year. hahahahahahaha but 6 of those are embroidery projects. job security for the rest of my life.
These Sunbonnet Sue blocks were given to me by a MQR (Machine Quilters Resource) member, an online quilting forum that i am a member of.
There were 15 blocks. so i decided to set 4x4 and figure out the 16th block at the end. I used almost all of the purple 'stripe' fabric that i had for sashings and border.
These were made by different individuals....with varying degrees of talent.
I like that they go in different directions.
I had an embroidery SS design that looked like it matched pretty well, so that was the 16th block. i used the border/sashing fabric for her dress to tie it all in.
Here's a close up of block 16
It came out to be 42x52"...i rather like this. thanks for gifting the blocks to me.....i hope you like the result.