Thursday, February 7, 2013

Piecing batting strips

One of the projects on my February Get-er-done list is to put together my batting scraps and create whole useable battings. today i pieced together about 9 pieces and made a batting that came out 70" x 95".

I had 5 long strips that were 95" long and ranging from 7 inches to 12 inches wide. so i put those together first. i used my embellishment machine....7 needles....no thread. the barbed needles pull the fabrics together just as if they were sewed.


There is the first side done


Then i flip it over and go over the back side, too.


Ta-da!!   a piece of batting that is 70" x 95" and completely useable for my next quilting project that can use this size. the color is off but this is made from the same pieces. i don't know if it is my camera or me....we don't seem to play well together.



I had been trying to use these pieces for some time...putting them in wallhangings or small quilts but they were adding up faster than i could use them up. finally decided to sew them all together and that would be more efficient. so....one cotton batting ready to go. i still have about 6 more cotton strips that are about 75" long. but not enough for a wide batting yet. will keep those till i have more to add.

But i do have enough poly batting pieces to do this again...

tomorrow

No comments:

Search This Blog