Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Monday at the Duck

My handyman, Rick, was in the midst of a roofing job when i pulled him away for the weekend at the Duck. but, since it had been raining for days, and was continuing on Monday, he couldn't do any roofing.....so i got him for another day.

I am installing old barn wood on the walls in the dining room. since it has cracks and holes and such....i am installing 1/4" luan first....and painting it black....so it will look like a shadow through the barn wood knots, holes and cracks. so, Rick installed the luan for me on Monday. i was going to do it myself but since i had his services and his rates are ridiculously reasonable, i figured i would take advantage and let him do it. he is much faster than I.

I had gotten 10 sheets....and that covered 3 walls and a bit of the 4th. i need 2 more sheets to finish. so far, i have this....

Left doorway goes into the living room....there will be pocket doors there....right doorway goes into the office.

Left doorway goes into the office.....right doorway goes into the kitchen. you can see a chair and part of the table. and look...a lamp is on....i have electricity. yay!!!  only took me about 2 years. hahahaha


This doorway is a hallway...go to the right and wind up in the laundry room...go left and wind up in the kitchen. that is the top of my dining room table leaning against the wall.


The next time i go down i will start painting those walls black.

While this was going on....i sanded barn wood boards. i got 15 of them done. then i had covered the garage area, me, and everything around me in dust. had to get out the shop vac and clean up.

This only took 2 guys about 3 hours to complete. so, i picked up stuff and put stuff away and headed for home. it's a 3 hour drive to home and i was tired. but a lot got accomplished and i am happy. now to save more money for the next big project. will start on drywall for the walls next. i'm gonna have a put together house one of these days. but not...

tomorrow

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Wow, you've gotten a lot accomplished!

Eileen said...

I am glad to see the weather is good enough for more adventures at the Duck ... I can't wait for it to be finished (and, I guess, you are too LOL!!)

Search This Blog