Saturday, November 17, 2018

Sew Preeti

There is a lady named Preeti that has some nice quilts on her blog.... sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com  you might want to check her out.

This is one of her blocks. I got the middle fabrics at Jackman's at their last FQ sale. I had 5 of each...I wish i had a few more of them to make my top larger.

You can see 2 blocks that are 9 patches....those are the first ones that i cut --- incorrectly. haha   but i decided to use them in the top anyway.


There was only one thing in my stash that remotely went with the middle....it has the aqua in it, only lighter...so that was the border i needed to make it 60x68"


This was so quick and easy that I am going to make another one in a different colorway. i cut 2 blocks 8 1/2" square...set them both right sides up...cut a piece off the right side...and a piece off the left side. then cut the middle piece into thirds. switch the middle piece and there you have it. just sew the pieces back together.


You vary the sizes of the cuts that you make. I trimmed the blocks to 7" after sewing the pieces back together.


One block has a small 1/2" middle. haha   these are so cool.

I love this top. I have ideas for 2 more.


1 comment:

Bernie Kringel said...

I love the pattern Shirley. Preeti does make such lovely quilts! Actually, you do as well. These colors are so soothing, very pretty.

Search This Blog