Sunday, June 30, 2019

Scrappy Hearts

I got another top pieced together. I make 6" crumb blocks constantly....trying to keep the tiny scraps down. When I got a heart die I had to make some....but with what?  So, my idea was to use some of my crumb blocks and cut out hearts.

I cut out a bunch of them...and put some on blue.


And most of them on navy.


This is the top I came up with.


I thought it needed a border...so, what better than more crumb blocks. the heart blocks are 7" and the crumb blocks are 6", so they didn't match up exactly, but it doesn't matter to me. I used about 45 crumb blocks to make the border.


And I still have many of them left...and still many more to make. they will come in handy again one day.


This top is couch size....I have an idea of what I want to do with it.....just need to get it quilted.


1 comment:

Vicki W said...

That's really cute!

Search This Blog