Sunday, September 1, 2019

August UFO Challenge Report

Not much quilting happened in August. I got the UFO for the month loaded about the middle of the month, and then promptly left home for the rest of the month. So, only 1 pass was quilted.


It is a BOM from JoAnns back in 2014. I am going to try and get it finished and off the frame this week.

At the beginning of the month, I did quilt a wedding quilt for a friend's daughter.




As usual, I did more piecing than anything else.

Offset Diamonds


Die Cut Dogs...this is one block. All the blocks are different browns and blacks, all the backgrounds are different yellows with dogs. Some dogs are facing the other direction.


Scrap Strips...this was pieced while I was on my dog sitting duty away from home. I used my cousin's scraps.


And, a close up of a block


Crazy Quilt Scraps


And, a block close up...these are done on the embroidery machine


St. Louis Cardinals HSTs...it is couch size. I might put a border on it with the brown. This was also pieced while I was at my cousin's, dog sitting.


Close up


And, I am working on this cat panel with hexies around it


I need to move them around so they blend into the panel


I have dog bones being done on the embroidery machine....I think I have 3 done so far. I am using dog scrap fabrics and brown thread. the background paws fabric is a flannel.




I also have started some crazy quilt hearts done on the embroidery machine...using pink fabrics on a purple flannel background.


Hopefully, I can stay home in September and get more accomplished. Don't know yet if that will work.

No comments:

Search This Blog