Tuesday, March 31, 2020

March Yellow Challenge

Another month is done....March Yellow month.  I didn't think I had many yellow selvages....but, I did.

The selvages made 100 blocks and they made this ...

Easter Egg Hunt


I had gray blocks with cutouts from another project, so they made the 'eggs'. I just sewed the gray cutout over the selvage block. And I got some Easter bunny fabric for the border.

Then I gathered up all the yellow bits and pieces and scraps and made...

Yellow Madness. I figured if I could have orange madness last month then I could have yellow madness this month. I found quite a few 3.5" blocks cut out, so I made a lot of 4 patches. And finished it off with crumb blocks. Blocks are 6" finished.


In looking around, I found a yellow and blue top that I started some time ago and it got pushed to the side. I found a whole bag of yellow selvages stored with this top....so I am not out of yellow selvages yet....but, I will save them for this top. This month I made 28 blocks...enough for the next round.



Another yellow top made was You Are My Sunshine....It is made with crumb blocks. Then I machine embroidered the letters on yellow so i could make it rectangular instead of square. That used a lot of yellow scraps.


For my final yellow project for the month, 2 projects got combined into one. I have had this pattern for a while....and it has been partly finished for a while....so, I finished fusing Doodle-Doo.

This is the pattern.



Mine looks like this...


Here are a few close ups...




What prompted me to finish fusing Doodle-Doo was....Chicken Feathers.  I had a dream about this top a few weeks ago and had to make it.  The original plan was to make a child size (45x60) quilt of all chicken feathers.  I used a triangle die to cut the pieces.  After making 6 rows of 'feathers', I realized this was going to take a very looooong time. haha


They all have the same backing and are 3D.


My brain kicked in and said....Hey....how about Doodle-Doo.....will that fit in here.  So, the current plan is to put the chicken feathers around Doodle-Doo and it will eventually be something like this.


I will make 6 rows of feathers for the top and then put some on the sides and it will be Doodle-Doo with Chicken Feathers. hahahaha

Of course, all this virus stuff started up pretty heavy this month, so I have been making masks for a friend who is a nurse.

And, along with all this piecing, I painted my kitchen...2 shades of orange.  You don't realize how many cabinets you have until you have to take all those doors off and paint them.  I painted almost every day and it still took me 35 days to complete. The kitchen is 12x30.  Cabinets and windows had to be primed first. And I put shelves over the windows and am displaying my coffee and tea tin collection.  Even the hubby likes the new color palette. The window trim is gray. Now I need to find some blinds.



Perhaps April will be a bit easier. We are staying in .... and getting kind of bored by now. haha


No comments:

Search This Blog