Friday, October 16, 2020

MIA...kinda

 Yes, I've been MIA for a couple months. Actually, for several months I have not cared much about blogging or quilting or much of anything. But I might be getting a bit of energy and mojo back. 

Between life issues and virus and health issues, life just sometimes sucks.

I have been working on an applique row quilt called garden party. Here are a few of my blocks so far. The fusible part is done.

This bird in the birdbath was paper pieced. what a job!





And I got a new embroidery CD with dogs and doggie sayings. So far, I have made one saying.


My cataract surgery didn't do all that well. On Tuesday I get to go get a new prescription for glasses. But, then, It usually takes a couple weeks to get them. So, hopefully, in a couple MORE weeks I should be able to see and use that embroidery machine.

In the meantime, I have been busy on eBay cleaning out my studio. I have sold almost 200 quilt 'kits'.... things I cut out...maybe did a few blocks...then stuck it in a box when the next thing got my attention. Those are all gone except for maybe 5 or 6.  

I have started listing the quilt tops....I had over 100 of those. I'll never live long enough to quilt them all up, so someone else might as well take care of them. I'm still working on listing those...got about a dozen more to put out there.

And, I have dozens of finished quilts to sell. They sell more slowly. Still have about 15 to put out there.

That doesn't mean my studio is empty. haha   There is still lots of fabric....and projects here and there that aren't finished that I really want to do. But, the clutter is gone, the boxes and tubs are emptying out and things are looking a lot better. Maybe now I can actually keep up with things I want to do and not start 14 more things every week.

Wish me luck! haha


No comments:

Search This Blog