Saturday, February 13, 2010

Can you blow through it?

EXCUSE ME????  GROSS!!!

Let me tell you my husband story today...you'll get a chuckle.

When the ground is all saturated with water like it is now from the melting snow, my basement gets water in it. not a big deal...i have a pump hooked up and i just flip a switch and it pumps the water out.

I have been trying to pump it out for a couple days now but it wouldn't work. so i went outside and dug the hose out of the snow and pulled on the pump....it gurgled, so i knew it was working. there wasn't any ice anywhere. it just wouldn't pump.

So, i called my husband at the house and asked him to come and look at it. when he pulled up the pump he said the hose was stoppped up...probably with ice. so he pulled the hose off and i brought it into the basement and hung it on the steps. it started draining water as soon as i hung it up. he went back to the house.

In about an hour, he calls me and the conversation went something like this:
  him: did the water all drip out of the hose?
  me: i think so...nothing else is dripping out.
  him: CAN YOU BLOW THROUGH IT?
  me:  WHAT???? 

Excuse me, but i am not putting my mouth on a hose that has been laying outside all year with who knows what kind of creatures walking and peeing on it. so, no, i am NOT blowing through it to see if it is clear.

  him:  ok, ok...i'll come over and blow on it.
  me:  be my guest. LOL

So, Mr. Fix-it comes over, blows on the hose, and hooks me back up. i flip the switch and bingo....we are back in business.

I guess it is a guy thing. i am not a froo-froo girly girl. i help gut the deer in hunting season. i can change oil in a vehicle. i don't panic in an emergency. but i am NOT blowing through a hose to see if it is clear and that is that.

And then as i thought about it later....it came to me...he is gonna want a goodnight kiss....and i know where that mouth has been. hahahahahaha

 

2 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

roflol! maybe it's a kiss on the cheek kind of night, lol. We have those occasionally here too..like when the boat outboard runs out of gas, and he doesn't want to go into town..siphons gas from one of the cars....yuck!

helen-mary said...

Shirley, you won't blow through an outside hose? Wussy. (ha ha, kidding - I wouldn't either!!)

Search This Blog