Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My truck is sick

My poor truck...it is sick...again. on my way to class yesterday the check engine light came on. darn...that just came on a couple months ago and cost me a couple hundred dollars...something about an emissions thing.

So, last night we dropped it off at the shop and i am waiting patiently for them to call me and let me know the damages. cross your fingers that it is doable.

My truck will be 14 years old in April this year and has 231, 835 miles on it. it has been a really great truck...hauling stuff hither and yon. it has not been in a wreck .... although i have backed into the barn and nudged a post or 2 here and there. but it starts right up and gets me where i want to go. perhaps not as quickly as it used to...but, shoot, i don't go as quickly as i once did, either.

Going up hills is hard for ole bessie...sometimes we have to drop down to 3rd gear. something about the compression that bessie has lost with age. i always feel sorry for the folks behind me in traffic up the hills....but we do make up for it going DOWN the hills. LOL   but sometimes the folks behind me just don't understand and in passing give me words of advice.

But i really am not ready to give her up for another. the truck of my dreams now would have 4 doors; automatic transmission; 4 wheel drive; and, unfortunately a large payment for years. the last part i really, really don't want. so, i am saying a little prayer to the automotive gods that bessie can be fixed up again to travel a few more miles down the road.

No comments:

Search This Blog