Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It's good to have a handyman

My husband is a pretty good handyman...which is a good thing since i ask a lot of him. 

I brought home 2 doors from my sister's and some boards that she was throwing away. and he built me a thread cabinet from all that mess. it is 39" wide and 42" high with 6 shelves. it is 6.5" deep and each shelve space is 5" high. that allows for 2 cones of thread deep so you can always see what you have. 

I think it came out great. 


I was going to set it on my room divider but realized it would be too tall and i couldn't reach the top shelves without a stepstool. Vertically challenged is not fun!

So i moved a few things around and set it on a cabinet. This is actually better...it sits right behind the longarm. i love the little metal inserts in the doors. i will have to paint it one day but i was so excited that i just put some contact paper on the shelves and moved the thread on in.



All my quilting threads fit in it just fine and there is actually extra room for more. i have to do some serious gold thread quilting....i really don't remember getting all that gold.

Each type has it's own shelve. from the bottom up there is...Glide; Bottom Line; So Fine; MasterPiece; King Tut; and then Nature Colors and Ricky TIm's Art Studio Colors and a few Aurafil on the top 2 rows.





Now i need to move the old thread cabinet to another area...i'll have more room on a table then. I don't know if that will be it's permanent home....i tend to move things around when i get bored. but it is a good spot right now.

I stopped my quilting (don't tell Marilea) when the cabinet came into the shop. now i am out of the quilting mood. LOL   guess i will go play with the embroidery machine for a while and put some borders on a little blue and white i am piecing.

It was an exciting day.

Later


1 comment:

Search This Blog