Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm Baccckkk!!!

Whew....it's been a rough month of May but I am finally back on track....i think.

I was off to Overland Park, Kansas from the 9th through the 15th for the longarm specific show of MQS. it was my first time there and i definitely had fun. i took 3 classes and filled my brain with new ideas. did not spend a lot of money with vendors, though. (except for one). i got a ruler from DeLoa Jones with 1/4" lines etched on it; some of Irena Bluhm's books. i took a class from her and she is so much fun and i learned a lot.

The biggest thing i bought was the Quiltazoid system. I was looking at the Circle Lord system but they couldn't answer my questions to my satisfaction. a gal in one of my classes pointed me in the direction of the Quiltazoid and told me to check it out. i liked it a lot and ordered the whole thing. they are relatively new in the market...their 2nd year...he is an engineer who builds them in his garage (for now). the price was terrific but i think it will go up as he sells more of them. i have about a 5 week wait to get all my goodies. check them out online   http://www.quiltazoid.com/    very cool stuff.

Then my grandson graduated from high school and my son came up from Texas for the hurrah. we picked him up at the airport  on the 21st and took him to see my sis's house in the country. while he was here we conned him into taking a window air conditioner UP to the second floor. and a stove and frigerator DOWN to the first floor. having a son with muscle always is a plus in my book. we put the stove in the alley for a giveaway and it was gone in less than 24 hours. and the frig will now live in the downstairs kitchen. after the graduation party and ceremony in an extremely hot school gym with about a zillion people in it, we had to take my son back to the airport at 3am  on the 24th so he could catch a 6am flight home. sleep was catch as catch can for the weekend.

here is the graduate...shaking hands and getting the diploma.



and here is my son and his son. i can't believe he wore that dorky straw hat but he loves it. LOL the grandson is going to college close to home and taking nursing classes...hope that works out well for him.



Then my sis and i went back to her house and did yard work for a day and inside plaster work for a day. the house is slowly getting prettied up.

after coming home and chilling for a day or so i am finally getting back into my routine. so, last night i finished my tomato block for the veggie quilt. my dh didn't recognize any of them as tomatoes. oh well.


So, off i go to seeing if i remember how to quilt after all this time away from home. talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I can't wait to hear what you think of the Quiltzoid. I've been eyeing it!

Search This Blog