Friday, September 30, 2011

1600 ?? inches in Pink

Remember the pattern to make an easy strip quilt with jelly rolls? i made a couple of them and then decided i didn't need jelly rolls....i could cut my own strips and do the same thing. i don't know why my brain keeps thinking i can do these things....except that sometimes it really works out.

So, i pulled all my pink girl fabrics and cut 4" strips.  i had carousel horses (sorry for the blurry pic)...photography is not my forte'. LOL


And i had cupcakes



And some princess fabric...



And some plain pink thrown in for good measure. i forgot that i cut them 4" wide instead of the usual 2.5"....so my 1600 inches....maybe 2000 inches...LOL....made me a quilt of unusual proportions.  sigh!! 

What to do.....so after some deliberation....i just cut it in half. hahahaha   so, now i have 2 pink strip quilts basically the same. this one got quilted up on Wednesday and i put the binding on it yesterday. i meant to show you yesterday but the day just got away from me.



This is about 55 x 65".  i found a piece of pink felt in my stash that was the (almost) right size. i had to add a couple of strips of muslin to the sides so i would have something to clamp to while quilting.



I just did a pretty large meander on it. and if you have been here long at all...you know about my lack of planning. LOL   while i am meandering along...i'm thinking to myself....felt.....hmmmm, when you wash wool in really hot water it shrinks all to hell and you have "felted" wool.  would this felt shrink and become a doll baby quilt with a really wrinkly top side?  shucks!!   so, tonight i am going to throw it in the washer on hot water and see what happens. we shall see tomorrow what i show you....a baby quilt  or a wrinkly teen size quilt. only time will tell.  i hope i didn't waste my time on this. it may become a dog quilt. LOL



The first pic of the back is a better representation of the color. i found this piece in a yard sale some time ago...like maybe 2 or 3 years. i remember the woman said she was making halloween costumes. she had lots of fabrics left over and some of them came home with me.

I have the second half of this on my frame now. i am quilting it a bit better and have muslin on the back of it....so i think it will be ok.

Results tomorrow. LOL



No comments:

Search This Blog