Saturday, October 15, 2011

October Monochromatic Challenge

I had such high hopes for the October monochromatic challenge and i disappointed myself. i had a pile of red and white fabrics and designed a cool quilt in EQ. 

I made this block and liked it a lot


Then i made this block and liked it a lot. i made 2 of these.....the pattern called for 2.


And then i made this block......and hated it.



I didn't think there was enough contrast in the block in the little 9 patches in the corners of the star.  so then i scrapped the whole project. i didn't have enough fabrics that were different. seems most of them had hearts.

So i just put these 4 blocks together and called it a table topper. LOL   it was going to be a queen size quilt in Plan A   LOL



But, you know what.....once i see the picture of it....i like it a lot better. go figure!    so, i guess the lesson learned is to step back and take photos and make more blocks before i decide i don't like it.



Anyway, at least it got quilted up. and since this is a very busy month for me, i met the monochromatic challenge once again.


The quilting in the red border was done with my Quiltazoid.

The only thing i could find in the stash for the back was this red stripe.


A very bright, wild stripe. but that's ok. more fabric out of the stash.


I have a customer quilt on the frame now and i am afraid it is going to take most of the month to finish it. i sure hope i get time to get my UFO challenge done for the month. i planned on a custom job for it....so we will see how that goes.



3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I think this turned out rather cute!

Katie Z. said...

Lovely!

cheryl from MO said...

very nice, I have found that if I snap a photo it sometimes lets me see the piece in another way. many of my keepers evolved from UFO's to Done after seeing possibilities brought out in print. cw

Search This Blog