Friday, October 7, 2011

Off on an adventure

I am off this morning to visit with my sister for a couple days. we are going to a quilt show in Urbana, Illinois on Saturday. might stay overnight if it is real exciting and we need more time to view the quilts and shop the vendors.

Then will stay in Centralia a day or two. i want to hook up with my yard guy and see about taking out those ugly bushes in the front of the house  at the Duck and a few tree stumps. we might check out more of the town and see what is happening.

I won't be able to do any demolition work while there.....i'm still rather recouperating from the gallbladder surgery. although it's been 3 weeks, strength is not all back yet.

I'll be back Tuesday or Wednesday. perhaps i'll have some cool pictures to show you.

When i get back i'll have a week to quilt up Abby's pocket quilt and get it out to her. Yikes!!

I've been picking up the black walnuts on our property and putting them in the driveway so we can drive over them and squish off the hulls. then i will have thousands of them to crack and freeze. black walnut bread and cookies are good! but it is a time consuming job to clean and crack them.

See you next week.


1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

I should send you my squirrels! They have those darned nut shells all over my yard!! I can't even walk out there without stepping on them. Lilly is enjoying eating them too! hope she doesn't get sick or something!

Search This Blog