Saturday, May 26, 2012

Crazy Quilt Journal Project for June

I am falling a bit behind in my crazy quilt monthly squares. i am glad i started out with a bang at the beginning.....the months are catching up with me.

This is June's block.....i went with white this time. It's harder than you think to work with just white. although there are different shades of white.....i didn't have a lot of them. so i added some gold and tan.


I found these wooden buttons online. they have an old fashioned feel.


This middle part was a sweater that i found in a thrift store. it adds a bit of color to the white block. i found the little butterfly pin in a thrift store, too.  i love thrift stores.


I have found many lovely crocheted items online. ... like this star and the 3D flower with pearls to the right of it.


I have found lots of laces and trim online, too.


This larger piece of lace needed something....so i added a tiny cameo in the middle.


Now i have to start on July....perhaps it can be a red, white and blue block.  mmmmm....will contemplate that till

Later

No comments:

Search This Blog