Sunday, October 7, 2012

My sis's garage demolition

As you know...or not....we tore down my sister's 3 bay garage last month. and since then have been tearing up the giant pile into manageable piles that will go into a dumpster. i have been missing all the fun so went down the last few days to get my demolition fix.

I tore out the wall...saving the redwood siding for me to recycle and the boards for my sister to recycle for bookshelves. Here is what is left....just the 2x4s that are holding it up...and i want those, too. 


 So, after cutting off the 2x4s to salvage for another project....here is what is left. me and my handy pry bar, hammer and crowbar have successfully torn out a wall.


This is all the pile that is left from a 3 car garage. just a little portion of the roof and a pile of boards under it that were in the garage when it came down.


I think we did pretty good in demolishing it down this far in about a month.

Later

No comments:

Search This Blog