I had maybe 3 rows finished. this box lived in my sister's closet for years. whenever i went to visit i would sew a few blocks together. finally i brought it home and it became an official UFO for 2012. i made 130 blocks....set them 10x13. i figured that was plenty. it came to 65x86 inches. good enough.
I had cut so many blocks years ago....that there were still enough pieces in the box to make at least 150 more blocks. yikes!! what was i thinking? so, when i went to quilt class last Monday i gave them to Brenda. she makes a lot of veterans quilts and i was hoping she would take them...and she did. thank you, Brenda.
I wasn't going to put a border but finally caved and did it. there was a piece of red/blue/purple fabric in the stash and i had just enough to use it up. it was fate! and found a maroon in the stash for the binding.
I used a panto on this one....Star Swirl. it's one of my favorites. dark green Glide thread on the top and white Bottom Line on the bottom.
So, another UFO is finished and 3 more to go for this year. i'm hoping to finish more than 3 though.
But if the weather cools off some i might have to do some yard work and save the quilting for ...