Saturday, June 29, 2013

Raggedy Hearts

This is my sister's quilt....and she has waited patiently for me to get this simple top done....weeks. LOL  it wasn't that it was so hard....it's that the garden and mower called me louder. thanks for being patient, sis.


She's been piecing a lot of red, white and blue lately. this one is adorable. i stitched the hearts across and down....following the white lines. then went around it a couple times.


Used my Quiltazoid spiral for the rail fence blocks. 


The whole time i was quilting it....i kept thinking....what will i do in the border. i got no magic answer....so when brain cells don't cooperate.....feather.   it's a conglomeration of feather playing.  oh, and the blue and white inner border got lines down the white....like piano keys.


The quilting shows up much better on the back.


When you freehand lines around the hearts...you get crooked lines. hahahahahaha   we'll call it Folk Art. hahaha


At least Quiltazoid makes you quilt somewhat straighter.


Here you can see the lines in the inner border, too.


And for grins....there is a feathered heart in the border. the purple will fade away. 


I still have another quilt of hers to do.....someday. it actually is out of the cabinet and waiting for me. but i'm gonna do a quick one of mine next. then, i'll do your other one, sis....promise. 

Unless the mower and garden talks to me again......in fact, i hear it calling my name now.  vroom..vroom

Hahahahahahaha


No comments:

Search This Blog