Monday, April 30, 2018

UFOs Challenge #5 for April

Judy picked #5 for April. I am playing along on 3 levels, quilting UFO, embroidery UFO, and piecing UFO. I have so many UFOs.

My quilting UFO was the New England Sampler. It got quilted.


I also quilted Merry Merry Snowmen..which is going to my sister for her Christmas room.


And fused and quilted the Polish Santa...also for my sister.



This was my piecing UFO...and it also got quilted. I call it Swimming with the fishes.


My piecing UFO was the mermaid (above). I had to fuse more stuff onto it...and then it got quilted.


I also pieced Home Tweet Home..a batik McKenna Ryan pattern (my first from her).


And I pieced Jungle Cats




And Pave the Way got pieced.


I pieced as many as I quilted, so i basically made no progress. haha

My embroidery UFO was Mylar in the Tropics. they did not all get finished. I got 10 of 16 finished. they take about  3 hours to do...massive color changes....about 40.

Here are a few that got finished.





I did play with some new embroidery sets...Crazy Quilt Animals. I have 11 of them to do and so far have done 2. perhaps this is why the Tropics didn't get finished. hahahaha



Not a super productive month, but all in all, a good month. Studio things slow down a bit around here in the spring and summer. the mowing and gardening stuff gets in my way. not to mention stacking wood in the shed for next year.

Hope your month was super productive and you got your UFOs finished.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

All your project just blow my mind...you are an amazing creator!

Katie said...

Not much this month? I can't imagine a busy month, then! Lots of beautiful projects and don't think of it as not making progress because you sure did make progress!

Search This Blog