Tuesday, January 28, 2020

I'm finished with January

I am playing along with Judy Laquidara's color challenge this year. January was Red. My mission is to use my selvages....the drawers are stuffed.

So, in January I made:

41 - 6.5" strip blocks....



111 - 6.5" I Spy blocks...



118 - 6.5" hexie blocks...


And, then used the small pieces left over to make 37 - 6.5" crumb blocks...


And now the red selvage bin is empty. YES!!

But, since there were still lots of days left in January once I finished these, I found a pattern called Lacquer Luster in a book called Great American Quilts of 2002, designed by Billie Tolmach from Mount Airy, Maryland....and made this....


I used strips...but not selvages....and it all went together pretty quickly. But, who knows when it will be quilted. haha



So, now that is it for January for me. I'll play with other things until February starts....it is an orange month. Don't have as many orange selvages.




2 comments:

Peg Turner said...

I love that quilt top! The black/white border is great!

Susan said...

I like this quilt! Using blue for the outside, it would make a great American Hero quilt, too.

Search This Blog