Thursday, November 24, 2011

Aunt Sophie's Flower Baskets

This is a customer quilt....pieced with flower baskets from my Aunt Sophie inheritance....she made it a very vibrant, happy quilt. it is huge at 100x100".


This one has been on and off my frame throughout the month of November. health issues caused me to take a longer time than usual to get it done.



Laurie used some bright colors to bring this all together....matching all the colors in the flowers.



I matched my threads to the fabric colors




Lots of feathers and swirls



Great job, Laurie.



We kept all the thread colors on the back, too. the blue part actually shows better on the back. i have to learn to not match my threads so closely so they can be seen better.

Therapy is helping and i can now be on my feet for longer periods, so i hope i'll be in the studio more.

Later

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

AWESOME!!! You do such beautiful work!! Hope you are feeling better!!

Search This Blog