Tuesday, November 29, 2011

With a day to spare...

I got my November UFO Challenge quilt finished. i meant to do a custom job on it but just didn't have the time. so it got a panto instead. it's a queen size...about 86 x 100 inches.



In case you didn't know...the pattern is a carpentar star. the top was pieced by someone from MQR. i bought the top and backing from her a couple years ago when she was selling some of her quilt tops. anyone want to 'fess up?  i can't remember who i got it from.



I really like the blue and yellow together....it is so bright.



I like the way she added the stripes on the top and bottom to make it rectangular. i much prefer that to a square quilt.



The back is a soft warm yellow.



This panto is called ruffles but it always looks like moose antlers to me. LOL

Now my November obligations are done....and with only 1 day left to the month...that is a good thing. actually, i should have had my sister's quilt finished, too....but that will have to wait till December. injuries kept me out of the studio this month

So far, i have 6 lined up for December....and it was supposed to be a slow month...for me...but that never seems to work out. and i will start the month out by going out of town for a few days.

Do we quilters EVER stay on schedule?  i find it hard to do that.

Later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the addition of the stripes, too! Great idea that I will use on my next Star.

Heather said...

Love the blue and yellow combo. It's so cheerful! Congrats on getting it finished -- and best of luck with all of your December projects! :o)

Search This Blog