Thursday, December 8, 2011

3 Hours in the Studio

Don't blog for 4 days....then you can't shut me up. hahahahahah

I came to the studio this morning with no plan....a "me" day.  woohoo!!  So, in 3 hours i quilted this. i was playing with a bunch of primary color scraps one day and cut out a bunch of rectangles and this is what happened.


It hasn't been sitting here very long but it was small enough to do quickly. about 36x58"



I did a freehand design on it. loaded it the long way and it went quickly.



I used a King Tut thread for the top...called Joseph's Coat. it has a whole rainbow of colors...pink, red, blue, green, yellow, purple. and for the bottom used a pale green by So Fine. my machine likes that combination of threads.



There were lots of  extra benefits with this quilt. i got to claim 2.5 yards in the StashBusting for the backing and binding. although the binding won't go on till later.

This will be the binding.



I got 4 yards of selvages from the backing.



A couple of pieces for the strip box



A bit for the scraps box



And some batting scraps for my friend, Sharon



Nothing goes to waste....recycling at its finest. LOL

What can you do in 3 hours in your studio?

Later

No comments:

Search This Blog