Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'm in eBay

I'm in the eBay world these days. there is free listing for 3 days....and today is the last day....i have been taking advantage.

But I'm here to tell ya....eBay is HARD. it is tiring. it gives me a headache. but it is fun.

It takes hours to organize items, take pictures, download pictures, and then do the listing. in the first day i only got 10 items listed.

In 2 days so far i have listed 22 items. have sold one of them and have a bid on another. mostly people wait till the last day to bid so the bidding doesn't go up too high. i just start my bids usually with the price that i want for an item....then if it goes up more than that....it is just gravy.

I am trying to clear quilts out of the studio. they are piling up rather badly. but people just don't want to pay good money for a handmade quilt...don't know why that is. but i do sell very reasonably i believe.

I am also offering scrap boxes of fabric. these go very well every time. i clear fabrics off my shelves that i no longer want or will never use and add bits and pieces that are in the scrap boxes. i stuff a medium size USPS flat rate box. people seem to like this. you get many different fabrics for applique and scrap quilts at a very reasonable price.

And more of the Aunt Sophie inheritance is finding its way onto eBay, too. i keep coming upon more boxes of fabric, tops, embroidery, etc. i usually put these things into lots with a very good price on it. i do sell a lot of her unfinished tops and many blocks. if you get enough of them...you can take all the pieces apart and make your own scrap quilt. i have just sold a package that has thousands of 3 inch blocks.

In 2011 i stashbusted over 500 yards of fabric out of my studio and quilted many, many tops and either sold or donated them. this year i plan on doing more and finishing up all those many UFOs. after my death i don't want there to be truckloads of 'stuff' to find a new home like Aunt Sophie's stash. i do love that i got my AS inheritance but i don't know who would want mine. LOL

If you think you might be interested in looking at what is for sale....go to eBay and search for me...my seller name is shimmymom

Gotta go...eBay is calling me

Later



No comments:

Search This Blog