Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Crazy Quilt block for January

I only thought i was done with this block last month. since working on the second block....i decided to go back and add more to the first block. i might be learning a few things. LOL

It now looks like this....and i do believe it is done.


I added french knots around the motif on one side and tiny stitches on the other side.



I added some green to the black trim on the seam by the button and added more stitches to the embroidery motif above the button.


Here i put some little flowers on the brown velvet ribbon, added french knots in the wider brown braid, and added stitches to the plain purple spot.


I put some green french knots around the pink silk ribbon flowers



I like parts of it more than others....but overall i think it is fine. i'm curious to see the difference betwen the execution of this block and the last block in December. let's hope i am happy with my progress.

Now....on to February. i still need to add a spider web and a spider to February's block.

I hope you are enjoying working on your blocks and i am anxious to look at them....and perhaps get more inspiration.

Later

2 comments:

Evelyn G said...

I'm like you, sometimes I go back and add more. I will still add more after the blocks are sewn together. You have done beautiful work.

Nima said...

lovely work...i'm a new crazy quilter..all your works gives me new ideas...visiting you from cqjp blog

Search This Blog