Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First customer quilt of 2012

I just finished this lovely star quilt that was designed and pieced by my friend, Mary. i know she has a name for it....but i just can't think of it. i think of it as a floral centered star....not too original. LOL


She always has lovely fabrics that go together well...they are not fabrics that i would have chosen myself...i can't seem to pull them together like that... she has the knack.



She showed us how to do these stars one time in class. but mine never got all put together. i think i did 1 or 2 of them.



I kept the quilting rather simple...the stars got SID and a star in the center.



The background looked like circles to me. it took me a while to figure out how to quilt that concept...but i think this worked. used circle templates.



The inside border got feathers and the outside border got a 4 tier swag with 1 more swag between the original 4.




The back was one large piece...which i always like. and she let me cut the selvages off when i was through quilting. how cool is that. yards of selvages. thanks Mary



Now the rest of the month will be 3 or 4 of mine and 1 more customer quilt...for the church. gonna be a busy month.

Later

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Very pretty!

Borderline Quilter said...

Great Job Shirley, is that the Luna Notte range of fabrics?

Happy New Year to you....

Best Wishes
Kay in Scotland

shirley said...

Kay...i really don't know what line of fabrics these are. my job is just to quilt them. LOL

Borderline Quilter said...

Well, what ever they are I love the colours and designs, it is nice to quilt up a well designed and co ordinated quilt though, it's a bit like driving through the countryside as opposed to the city.

I have 12 half yards of fabrics which look very similar to those as I recall, I'll check on it sometime?

Best Wishes
Kay in Scotland

helen-mary said...

Shirley, I love the quilting on this.

Search This Blog